Wednesday, November 19, 2008

INTERVIEW DJ EYRRO & CHIEF




So since my last trip out to Los Angeles I decided to bring out some fresh cats up to the euro. Let me introduce you to this kid that goes by the name of dj Eyrro. Born in Hollywood and raised in Pasadena, a city located in Los Angeles County. DJ Eyrro has been DJing for 10 years now, mainly in the Los Angeles/Hollywood area and been through many aspects of the DJ world. From his early beginnings of DJing house music, then entered the hip-hop battle scene, to where he's currently known as a club DJ.

Here's an interview i recently did with him.

- This is going to be your first trip to Europe right? Excited?
Yes this is my first trip to Europe and I am beyond excited. Just the nature of being in another country is what I am looking forward to.

- So for the people who are not from your area who wouldn't know a lot about the scene, talk a little bit about L.A. Hip-Hop, mix-show scene and everything like that.
Los Angeles is unique in my opinion. I like to think L.A. is a mecca for diversity. The hip-hop scene has made it's way not only to the urban setting, but it has become a universal sound. Mix-shows have made there way to the mainstream as well. Considering now, commercial radio is now playing a wider variety of genres because of the demand in the L.A. area. In general, Los Angeles has it's own vibe. Something everyone should experience at least once in their life.

- What's a signature characteristic of a Eyrro set?
Good question!? I'm pretty versatile. I also like to incorporate the "un-ordinary" when it comes to my mixing adding a few things most DJs won't do. Overall, I just like to have fun... and it shows when I perform.

- What new DJs and performers have caught your attention?
There are many local DJs who have extreme talent. To many to even name, that I can't keep up! Meaning I can't keep up with them. With all the up and comers, not only do I have respect for them, thet push me to stay on top of my game.

- Name one song that has had a long tenure on your playlist. What makes that particular track so timeless?
I would have to say Michael Jackson's "BILLY JEAN" - It's a classic!

- How do you see the scene locally, and where do you see it going?
The local scene is well established. Truthfully, I see many top name L.A. DJs still performing at smaller local venues including myself. Sometimes it's nice just to be in a more intimate environment. It just feels that the people enjoy it more.

- Expectations and what the definition of a DJ is.. have definitely changed, so here in 2008, knowing the hard work, the dedication and the loyalty that a DJ must always give, what do you think it has turned into?
I believe the DJ in todays scene has had a minor set back. Technology has allowed pretty much anyone to become a DJ, which now has led to quantity over quality. Several NEW DJs just assume that if they have a great playlist, they are a great DJ! It doesn't bother me much, because I continue to do hard work and be loyal to those who understand the quality that I believe is a neccessity to survive in the scene.

- Do you have any parting words to our readers?
Thanks for reading... and see you at the main event!

- Finally, what can the clubbers expect from you in Europe?
Just an old fashion good time!



Dj Eyrro and Chief will be on tour from 18 till 27th of december in Europe.

TOUR SCHEDULE

18 dec: Radio Studio Brussels, Belgium
19 dec: Club Zenith TBA, The Netherlands
20 dec: Da Shake, Kortrijk, Belgium
21 dec: Mondial, Beek, The Netherlands
24 dec: Off Corso with Real El Canario, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
26 dec: La Rocca, Antwerp, Belgium

No comments:

Post a Comment